- Do you have racing thoughts or difficulty concentrating?
- Do you feel tense and wound up?
- Do you have difficulty falling asleep?
- Is your performance suffering at work or at home because of anxiety?
Effective anxiety treatment can help cure your anxiety. You can feel better, overcome anxiety and live a happy, peaceful life. I have helped hundreds of clients overcome anxiety and I can help you too using effective therapy methods and proven treatments for anxiety.
Did you know you have a built in mechanism in your body that is designed to reduce anxiety? You can learn how to activate this mechanism to help you gain control over worry, anxiety and fear. Working with an experienced anxiety therapist can provide you with lasting relief.
What is anxiety? Anxiety is a combination of physical symptoms, worrisome thoughts, and emotional feelings such as dread, panic or fear. Anxiety includes symptoms such as difficulty concentrating, racing thoughts, avoidant behaviors, irritability, muscular tension, and feelings of dread or fear.
3 Steps To Cure Anxiety:
1. Calm and recondition the body. When a person is in a state of anxiety, fear or panic, the body is in the fight, flight or freeze state and the mind is "emotionally hijacked" so anything you tell yourself will not be very helpful until the body is more calm.
Calming techniques include breath work, hypnosis, mindfulness training, relaxation response training and more. The key to relaxing the body is to put the mind in a neutral place, rather than resist the anxiety. Many clients prior to seeing me have tried these techniques with limited success. There are specific strategies I utilize that make these techniques highly effective, resulting in a high level of success, reducing anxiety in a short period of time.
Most anxiety is a conditioned response. For example, the thought of public speaking can evoke anxiety, or the thought of something that concerns you can evoke feelings of fear. Once you learn how to recondition your mind and body, it becomes a learned skill similar to driving a car. You will know exactly how to calm your body, so you can control or "drive" your emotions rather than your emotions controlling you.
2. Refocus and reassure the mind. Once the body is more calm, then you can change your self-talk to reassuring, comforting and encouraging words, reducing anxiety even more. As the mind continues to refocus on new thoughts, images or perceptions, you are literally rewiring the brain, creating new thought patterns to create lasting change!
I use modalities that are based on the most recent neuroscience research and proven to be highly effective in numerous studies.
3. Stabilize emotions. Once you have learned how to calm the body and refocus the mind, your emotional state becomes more stable, resulting in more confidence, peace of mind and emotional freedom.
You can learn effective techniques to reduce symptoms of anxiety and experience a renewed sense of peace and happiness.
"I didn't think counseling could help me until I met Kiomi. I'd seen other therapists on and off over the years but I never learned any skills or techniques. My anxiety was only getting worse. I was withdrawing more from my friends, avoiding social events, and dreading work. After the first session with Kiomi I felt more hopeful and some relief. She taught me ways to think differently and the breathing exercises really helped. She is very knowledgeable and understanding." - Alex T., Regional Sales Manager
Types of Anxiety Treated: